Norwegian Telecom is now searching for:
Rigger - Telecommunications
to the Norwegian market
The telecommunications rigger must be able to perform all general procedures related to the construction and maintenance of communication towers, installation of various tower components, and oversee the quality & safety of their crew members. Candidate must have a minimum of 1 years experience in the Telecommunication industry.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Install & service communication towers, rooftops, and various site types for major wireless carriers in Norway
- Climb towers at heights of up to 150m to perform the safe installation of steel structures, components, hardware, etc.
- Antenna installation and alignments
- Cable termination and splicing
- Communication with PMs to see projects through, from start to completion, with the support of field crew
- Travel within Norway for extended periods
- Implement construction deliverables on a project-by-project basis, client submittals/checklists
- Safe installation of steel structures, components, and associated general procedures
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices
- Installation of antenna and transmission line systems on towers, roof-tops, and other structures
- Performing all general ground duties associated with tower construction and equipment shelter
- Read and follow construction drawings or specialized methods of procedures to perform installation or maintenance on equipment or sites
- Experience specifically within the telecommunication industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (able to work closely with others for long periods of time)
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend and lift 50 lbs
- Must be available to travel up to three weeks at a time as needed (longer periods can be expected on occasion)
Additional assets include:
- Leadership qualities fortified with the ability to coach and delegate
- Adherence to safety standards, a working knowledge of all safety & quality control requirements, fall protection practices, regulations, and procedures for crew
- First aid training
- Valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
- Post-Secondary education in a technology related program
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- 2 years of industry experience preferred
- Proficient computer, communication, and organizational skills
If your expectations are matching the stated requirements and responsibilities, please send your CV and application letter electronically.
Language: English (Preferred)
Full confidentiality is guaranteed.