Rental Sales Agent - Vehicle Service Agent
Branch: Nis Constantine the Great Airport
Avis Car Rental and its subsidiaries operate one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,500 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc., which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world.
Car Rental d.o.o. Belgrade is AVIS licence holder for the territory of Republic of Serbia. We're a dynamic regional company offering robust compensation, excellent training and plenty of opportunity for your professional development.
The Rental Sales / Vehicle Service Agent completes all of the duties of a Rental Sales Agent and as such will complete rental and return transactions. Integral to this role is the sale of programs and services to customers and prospective customers at the counter, following established procedures and sales techniques. In addition, the Rental Sales / Vehicle Service Agent will clean and service rental vehicles following established standards. Identify and report vehicle damage.
The Rental Sales / Vehicle Service Agent will perform duties and provide services which reflect the Company’s values. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on the location, team size, brand and any specialised or specific requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes rental transactions and agreements for customers following established guidelines and procedures.
- Obtains required authorisations, signatures, imprints, addendum, confirmation numbers, and perform Avis Preferred, VIP, or other special services as assigned.
- Completes qualification procedures prior to renting vehicles.
- Sells programs and services to customers in an effort to maximise sales opportunities and meet sales goals set by management.
- Maximises up-sells and walk-up sales based on vehicle availability, utilising established sales techniques and dialogues. Programs and services include protection options, refuelling program, special promotions, future reservations, upgrades, etc.
- Reviews completed contracts with customers to verify accuracy of information and explains rates and charges.
- Provides customers with completed rental agreements, keys, directions to rental vehicles, maps, and any other assistance required.
- Completes transaction procedures for returned vehicles and verifies accuracy of closing calculations.
- Audits closed contracts to ensure accurate charges for refuelling, applicable taxes, etc.
- Adhere to Company Quality Assurance and Uniform Guidelines.
- Solves problems raised by customers using sound judgement within applied empowerment guidelines and company policy.
- Maintain a professional appearance, adhering to company guidelines regarding uniforms and/or dress code.
- Complete assigned reports, logs and lists daily or as instructed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Check returned vehicles for body damage, inoperative equipment, safety hazards, fuel level, etc. Remove damaged or problem vehicles from fleet to designated out-of-service area and document problems for maintenance. May notify dispatcher or rental counter of vehicles taken out of service.
- Check operation of vehicle accessories, brakes, seat belts, steering, tire wear, air pressure, fluid levels, batteries, belts and general performance of vehicles.
- Conduct inventory and log vehicles in and out of service area according to established procedures. Complete necessary paperwork once vehicles are ready for rental and submit to rental counter.
- May inform customers of return vehicle procedures. This includes noting fuel level and mileage, leaving keys in ignition, and returning to the rental counter.
- Assist in locating, removing and marking designated vehicles from fleet. Follow speed limits and traffic guidelines when moving vehicles.
- May shuttle customers to desired destination as directed. Assist customers with loading and unloading luggage as requested. Provide directions and operating instructions to customers as needed.
Qualifications, Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (may vary by level)
- Ability to perform competently basic mathematical calculations manually or through utilising a calculator.
- Strong professional behaviour, interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of other foreign languages is an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Judgement / problem solving.
- Persuasiveness / sales ability.
- The ability to maximise performance.
- Tolerance for stress.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Previous Sales and Customer Service experience.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Minimum level of education: high school diploma.
- Minimal travel is required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees working in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.